Friday, February 20, 2015

Why being a mom is enough for me

I had always wanted to be a mother someday,but I never realized how important it was to me til the day I found out I was pregnant for the first time. I was so thrilled and nauseous but it finally happened!I was only 5 weeks along but I was going to be a mom! It was 5a.m. the next morning and I was woken up by these cramps and pains I never knew could hurt so bad and when I opened my eyes I knew something wasn't right.  I was misscarrying. We headed to the hospital to be sure of what was happening and when the doctor said the words no woman trying to have a baby wants to hear, I lost it. I was inconsolable. I couldn't stop crying. My baby was gone and I was devastated. I cried for weeks. I would be fine one minute and all of a sudden I was sobbing. I am not big on crying in front of people let alone strangers but I had no control over it. Once the tears started, there was no stopping them. We waited a few days and then saw a doctor. She told us we needed to wait awhile til trying again. Two months later, I found out I was pregnant with Lauren. I was so happy heavenly father answered my prayer. I wanted to be a mother and I got what I asked for. Though thinking of the miscarriage still makes me sad, I'm so blessed to have Lauren. She brings me so much joy. She is a sweet and loving little girl. She laughs at nothing and everything and her laugh is hilarious. Her smile warms my heart. Being a mom is the best job I ever could have hoped for. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment